Baking Disaster II

Why can’t I get the same result every time? It’s baffles me that every time I bake, the end results are never consistence, be it a different look or different taste even though I follow the recipe faithfully.

Sorry, I digress. I’ve been fascinated about steaming a cake instead of baking it and had a go at making the Chinese Egg Steam Cake – which of course turn out to be a disaster hence the title!

Using the recipe book I bought from NTUC (which I must say suck quite badly), I started out with a beautiful picture of the cake in my mind … and got all my ingredients ready! Half way through the process, I had a sinking feeling that something is not right. The recipe says to beat in the flour. HELLO!!! Even with my limited knowledge on baking, I read enough to know that flour are usually folded into the batter. Determined to follow through with the recipe, I followed the recipe like an idiot. Needless to say, my cake turned out to be more like a brick than a cake.

I wanted to throw out the cake after taking one look at it, but my domestic helper and my mother cheerfully declare that they don’t mind eating it. Glad for the support but I really need help in this area! What a flat out day it was.

Comments

Popular Posts