Korean Fare

I’ve been a slave in the kitchen during the holiday season, attended 2 parties and hosted 3 … all the cooking and baking and taken a toll on my appetite. All of a sudden, food lost their appeal to me. Seem like nothing actually tasted very good recently.

Went to watch King Kong at Cineleisure, there’s a Korean grocery store right in the basement. The meat they sell for Korean BBQ are a lot cheaper than the supermarkets … bought some beef back for bulgogi. Which incidentally brings back a nice experience I had a dew years ago. It was in a nice restaurant in this place called Masan in South Korea, the meat was cooked in a hot pot, which is very much like our steamboat in Singapore. On the side, is a plate of rice wrapped in raw vegetables. The variety of vegetables are quite different from the ones here, one of the most common veg they eat is sesame leaf. Since I was bringing some Korean BBQ port belly and bulgogi for New Year’s Eve dinner over my friend’s place, I thought a nice plate of wrapped rice would be nice. Aren’t they pretty … looks like a little flower?

I saw these Korean custard cake in China Town recently ... they are so good, especially during winter time. The hot custard oozing into your mouth, heavenly!

Comments

Popular Posts