Kuih Bangkit II

You know the feeling of frustration when you faithfully followed the recipe and the end result is still far from satisfaction? I have been standing on my feet for 4 hours making these … and still didn’t manage to pull it off. The dough sets of a wonderful aroma when I was kneading it, got me excited, thinking that this is "IT". I liked the taste, but it just refused to melt in my mouth (sigh). I only have one baking sheet, so I bake in 4 batches. I tried varying the baking time and even lowering the temperature … nothing works. Arrrrrugh! Guess this is the reason why I started baking only recently, I always think that it’s hard work. Now I know. I guess baking it's both an art as well as science. The art of knowing when to whisk it into a ribbon not into a frenzy.

Comments

Popular Posts