First Baking Class

I’ve attended my 1st baking class last Friday since I’ve always want to know the proper technique of creaming, folding, whisking, baking and most importantly how to decorate a cake.

So far, my baking derived from trials and errors, more errors than any thing else. Anyhow, the first lesson consists of Orange Mousse Cake and Orange Yogurt Cake. I tried making the Yogurt Cake but decided to use Lychee instead. I liked the smell and flavor of this cake. To be fair to the teacher, I’m not going to post the recipe since it’s his livelihood.



What is a Lychee?

It is a tropical fruit tree native to southern China, where it is known as 荔枝The fruit is a drupe, 3-4 cm long and 3 cm in diameter. The outside is covered by a red, roughly-textured rind that is inedible but easily removed. The inside consists of a layer of sweet, translucent white flesh, rich in vitamin C, with a texture somewhat similar to that of a grape.

Comments

Popular Posts