Fresh Loaves

After my successful attempt at making bread, I was ready to dive straight in for something more fanciful. Wanted to make “soft” bread, the kind they sell at BreadTalk … oh well, here’s my work. Looks ok, but I think it could be a lot softer! How? How? Tell me how?

Sweet Loaf - Nutella fillings

Before

After

Wonder why they call it Crown Loaf? I suppose it looks like it can be worn? This is just plain bread, roll into 8 or 9 balls and places them in a 9 inch baking pan. Brush with either egg yolk or milk and sprinkle some sesame seeds.

Hot Dog Buns - These you can find in any bakery store in Singapore. My kids loves hotdogs, that's why I made it. Why is it called a "hot dog" if it's not made out of dog?

Did You Know?

An average slice of packaged bread contains only 1 gram of fat and 75 to 80 calories

Bread is probably the one food eaten by people of every race, culture and religion

Murphy's Law dictates that buttered bread will always land buttered-side down

The sandwich commemorates the Earl of Sandwich - a famous gambler. A slice of meat between two slices of bread could be eaten without having to leave the gaming table for a meal!

The workers who built the pyramids of Egypt were paid in bread

70% of the bread we eat is white

Bread contains very little fat and virtually no sugar

Comments

Anonymous said…
Hi, can you explain to me how to shape a loave in the first pix? Nic
yummy tots! said…
You can refer to this web page, has a step by step picture guide
http://www.thefreshloaf.com/recipes/blueberrycreamcheesebraid

Popular Posts