A Local Feast

A friend of ours came back from Canada recently, E decided to gather some of their common friends for dinner. We decided that having dinner at home is the easiest with all the kids and I really feel like cooking.

The theme was local food as R is adamant that she’s only going to eat local treats this trip! The 5 person dinner somehow end up with 12 of us feasting. We decided to book the function room in our condo since we are until to accommodate everyone on the dinner table, and I just can’t stand the idea of a buffet style … I rarely enjoys it.

I also dislike the idea of disposable cutlery; no matter how fantastic the food is, served on a plastic plate just discount the enjoyment factor by at least a third. So in the end, I’ve decided no disposable plates … but disposable banana leaves. It worked out really quite well for the $2.50 that I spend. Take a look!

Before

After

Comments

Popular Posts