Donna Hay's Day - One

One thing about Donna Hay's recipe is it's so easy to bake. I'm usually a little apprehensive about trying new recipe book ... but when it comes to Donna Hay, I must say the results so far have been great.

I've decided to try out 2 of her recipes from her Modern Classic Book 2.

oaty anaz biscuits

1 cup rolled oats - what are rolled oats?? I used quaker's oats
1 cup plain flour
1/2 sugar (I used a little less cos raisins are sweet)
3/4 cup of raisins (she uses desiccated coconut)
125g butter
2 tbsp golden syrup (I used honey instead)
1/2 tsp baking soda
1 tbsp hot water

Preheat the oven to 160 degree C
Place oats, flour, sugar, raisins in a bowl
Place the golden syrup and butter into a saucepan over low heat and allow to melt
Mix baking soda with hot water and add to butter mixture
Pour the butter mixture into the dry ingredients and mix well
Place tablespoonfuls of the mixture on baking trays
Bake for 10 minutes or until golden brown

Comments

Popular Posts