Horlick Doggie Cookies

Something for the kids!

Saw this recipe from the newspaper some time ago, thought I will give it a try since they look so adorable. I modified the recipe a little after reading some of the comments.

It takes quite alot of work to put it the eyes for the doggie, I made my 7 year old nephew do it with me. His enthusiasm faded off after 15 minutes, but he finish the bulk of it for me!

Ingredients
180g butter
100g Horlicks
65g sugar
100g chocolate chips
200g top flour
25g corn flour
25g milk powder
One packet of Koko Krunch
Chocolate rice for the eyes

Method
1. Sieve top flour, corn flour and milk powder.
2. Cream butter, sugar and Horlicks for about three minutes at low speed. Do not overbeat.
3. Put in top flour, cornflour and milk powder and beat for about one minute to form dough.
4. Divide dough into 10g each. Put three chocolate chips into each piece of dough and roll into balls.
5. Insert two pieces of Koko Krunch to form the 'ears' and a chocolate chip in the centre for the 'nose'.
6. Bake at 140 deg C for about 25 minutes. Leave to cool before storing in an airtight container.

Comments

Popular Posts