Ensaymada



"Ensaymada." E whispered! I've been getting that quite a fair bit lately!
"What is Ensaymada?" you might asked. I found out during my recent trip to Manila, it was served during one of the tea break. It's a very very very soft, sweet bread, topped with grated cheese and sugar. Ever since then, I hear it ever so often ... the whisper, I mean.

I told E that it contain 9 egg yolks, from one of the recipe I googled recently. Trying to discourage him from sweet bread! I think he knows that if he "whisper" it often enough I will eventually make it.

Well, I wanted to try my hand at making macaron and since macaron only requires egg whites and ensaymada only uses egg yolks ... guess it's a good time to make both. I've used the recipe from the blog call The Scent of Green Banana. It's fabulous ... soft and sweet and savory at the same time. It's an easy recipe, requires about 3 hours ... 1st rise, 2nd rise, bake, sprinkle with sugar and more cheese! Yum, Yum and even more Yum!

Comments

Anonymous said…
Very nice considering its your first try...love it!

Popular Posts