My Baking Disaster

Asian desserts are a lot more difficult because there’s not much information on the web on the recipes and techniques.

The thing about recipe books is the instructions in there are so brief that I have no difficulty following it, but most of the time I don’t understand what the hell they talking about.

I’m a novice baker with no idea what it means to whip the egg till soft peak or firm peak. After a couple of disaster, I had to call my best friend (so is a fabulous baker) in Australia to ask her how to beat egg white. Lucky me … she didn’t burst out laughing.

My first pandan cake looks more like a pancake instead of chiffon. Not beating the egg white enough is one problem. I’m finally getting what looks like a Pandan cake, but no where remotely near the Bengawan Solo standard. Sigh!!

At least my two fabulous kids don’t complaint about the cake they are too young anyway. My dear hubby is such a dessert kind of guy he just devour them. I hope I can bake him a fabulous cake soon!

Comments

Popular Posts