Sticky Dates Pudding

I first came across this dessert in Perth; it’s one of the desserts worth getting fat for according to my best friend C. She makes a mean sticky dates pudding and it was unforgettable. After the trip, my husband E started to look out for restaurants in Singapore that would serve this dessert. He brought me to Whitebait & Kale after searching high and low, the outcome … it’s great, but did not come close to Cs’ I copied the recipe in my mobile phone while C was baking and promptly forgot about it. At that time I was not keen on baking, copied it for E who claims he wanted to bake. To cut to the chase, I found the recipe on
my PC and decided to bake one to satisfy our cravings. I thought it would be tough to buy dates in Singapore since I have not seen it. Went to the Australian section in NTUC, but did not see any but saw it right at the check out counter. Then it hit me that it’s Ramadan and all the stores were carrying dates, haha, silly me! Anyhow, the cake looks gorgeous and it tasted great – of course did not come close to C’s. It’s a tad too sweet with the home-made caramel but we finish it within a day … I’ve got to make it again.

Comments

Popular Posts