Pick Me Up'

I had my first taste of Tiramisu in America and fell in love ever since. Every restaurant I went there after I would order Tiramisu, searching for the ultimate fabulous taste. Alas, I’ve never visited Italy (the origination of Tiramisu)… I should go there some day!

Every since I started baking, Tiramisu has been top on my list … I have tried to make it at least 3 times with not so great result. Either the sponge was too soggy or the mousse was too wet … well, short of calling it yucky!

This recipe I used is from my recipe book “Lust – For Love of Chocolate”
As usual, I modified the recipe. I had to halved the original recipe cos I don’t think E and I can stomach a 20cm Tiramisu even if it’s fabulous.
















Ingredients
1 pkt sponge fingers ( I bought from Carrefour)
Chocolate ganache – see below
Coco Powder for dusting, sifted

Tiramisu
½ Tbsp Cocoa powder
2 Tsp Coffee liquor * (optional)
250 ml Coffee (I used Nescafe Gold instant)
3 Large eggs (Separated)
100 g Icing Sugar Sifted
125 ml Cream (non-diary)
125 g Mascarpone
¼ Tsp Cream of Tartar
Chocolate curls *optional

Method
Prepare tiramisu. In a bowl, combine cocoa powder, coffee liquor and coffee and mixed well. Set aside.

In another bowl, beat egg yolks (maximum speed) and half the icing sugar until light and fluffy.

In a third very clean bowl, beat egg whites (maximum speed), cream of tartar and remaining icing sugar until medium to stiff peak form.

In a fourth bowl, beat cream (maximum) until soft peak form.

Fold egg yolk mixture into egg white mixture, then fold in cream and mascarpone.

To assemble tiramisu, place sponge finger in a 7 inches cake ring. Brushed tiramisu mixture onto the sponge, (I tried soaking the sponge in the mixture during my previously attempts, it turns out to be too wet) then top with a drizzle of chocolate ganache.

Repeat layering and finish with egg-mascarpone mixture layer in top.
Refrigerate for 4-5 hours for flavors to develop.

Removed the cake ring, dust the top with cocoa powder and pad the side of the tiramisu with chocolate curls.

Chocolate Ganache

Ingredients

50 ml Cream
90g Dark Chocolate, chopped

Method

In a saucepan, heat cream. Once bubbles appear, remove from heat and stir in chocolate. Allow to cool.

Refrigerate for 10-15 minutes before using.

Comments

kona said…
woman, you making me hungry!!!

*wave* herroo!!!
Anonymous said…
It's look YUMMY...but the method not clearly written...

Popular Posts